702 Ash Street
El Cortez is a condo building in downtown San Diego’s Cortez Hill neighborhood. Originally built in 1927 and converted to condos in 2004, the El Cortez, with its Spanish Renaissance Revival architecture, is a long-standing landmark in downtown San Diego.
- Year Built: 1927/2004
- Address: 702 Ash Street
- Developer: Peter Janopaul & Anthony Block (2004) “The J Peter Block Companies”
- Architect: Albert R. Walker & Percy Eisen
- Stories: 16
- Units: 85
- Amenities @ El Cortez: Gym & spa (Level B), pool (Lobby Level), community deck (2nd Floor), optional valet service
- Of note: Small elevators, one bedrooms = no in-unit laundry
- My favorite things about The El Cortez: Lobby, crown molding, windows, the history, Mills Act protection (but apparently no economic benefit at this time)
- Is El Cortez FHA loan approved?No
- Is El Cortez VA loan approved? No
- Rental period minimum at the El Cortez?30 days
- Websites:ElCortezHOA.com www.elc.cc San Diego History
- Also:Litigation at El Cortez resolved in 2011; plumbing repaired but not replaced; addition of in-unit washer/dryer not possible; separate monthly water bill to each owner is approximately $30 as of June 2011
- And at El Cortez: New condo project planned for NE corner of the lot has no plans to break ground any time soon (as of June 2011). If built, developer must provide parking for El Cortez residents to eliminate the need/cost for valet. New development would take over the space where the current pool is located and they would give shared access to the new pool built for that community.
- Article about El Cortez
- El Cortez HOA property management company:N.N. Jaeschke, Inc. – Catherine Avery, Onsite Customer Service (619) 241-2263 elcortez (at) nnj (dot) com (onsite hours Tuesday & Thursday 7:45AM-4:30PM); After hours emergencies (858) 550-7900
This information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. You should rely on this information only to decide whether or not to further investigate a particular property. BEFORE MAKING ANY OTHER DECISION, YOU SHOULD PERSONALLY INVESTIGATE THE FACTS (e.g. square footage and lot size) with the assistance of an appropriate professional. You may use this information only to identify properties you may be interested in investigating further. All uses except for personal, non-commercial use in accordance with the foregoing purpose are prohibited. Redistribution or copying of this information, any photographs or video tours is strictly prohibited. This information is derived from the Internet Data Exchange (IDX) service provided by Sandicor®. Displayed property listings may be held by a brokerage firm other than the broker and/or agent responsible for this display. The information and any photographs and video tours and the compilation from which they are derived is protected by copyright. Compilation ©2021 Sandicor®, Inc.
Properties on this website was last updated as recently as 4/14/21 5:27 PM PDT.
This IDX solution is (c) Diverse Solutions 2021.