700 W. Harbor Drive
Park Place is a 30-story luxury condo high-rise in downtown San Diego supremely situated at the western edge of the Marina District. Developed by Bosa in 2003, Park Place features resort-like amenities, an excellent array of floorplans, and sit-down water views from even the lower floors. When the Old Police Headquarters across the street is eventually redeveloped into shops and restaurants, plus the addition of Ruocco Park, Park Place will only get better.
Year Built: 2003
Developer: Bosa Development Corp.
Architect: Dikeakos and Cotter Architects
Units: 178 (161 condos, 17 tri-level townhomes)
Amenities @ Park Place: Pool & spa (Sun-Thurs 7AM-10PM, Fri & Sat 7AM-midnight), sun deck/outdoor terrace/entertainment area, BBQ area (3), 24-hour concierge, security guard, storage (with some units), Fitness Center (separate Men’s & Ladies changing rooms), bike storage area, Residents Lounge (with flat panel TV, gas fireplace, pool table, kitchen), office center, conference room
HOA dues: $750 and up
Of note at Park Place condos: 17 tri-level townhomes; most units have at least 2 parking spaces and all have storage (deeded); need fob to access everywhere; gas cooking
- Park Place pet policy: Maximum of 2, any configuration, no size restrictions
- Park Place BBQ policy: Fire pits, space heaters, and BBQs are all restricted except for the 1lb camping size propane tanks (gas only; 2nd floor and above)
- Is Park Place FHA loan approved?Yes. (ID# S012939 001) *expired 9/10/2017
- Is Park Place VA loan approved? Yes. (ID# 000557)
My favorite things about Park Place: Resort-like courtyard, views, the odd-numbered floors have common area balconies with amazing views, the due south views of the ’03s, 12 guest parking spaces on the 1st Floor, the ’01 stack on Kettner with 2BR + den (1,545 esf), Seaport Village across the street
- What is the owner-occupant percentage at Park Place condos? 72% (2016)
- What is the minimal rental period at Park Place condos? All leases to be no less than one year. All tenants must carry renter’s insurance.
- Nearby: The Fish Market, Pacific Fish Company, Starbucks, Kansas City BBQ, Ruth’s Chris Steak House, The Lion’s Share is across the street.
Oddity: The player piano in the lobby that operates from approximately 5PM-10PM every day
- Is there litigation at Park Place?No. Settled.
- Minimum rental/lease period at Park Place condos?12 months
- Move-in/move-out fees at Park Place?$300 deposit; $250 fee ($35 each additional hour) as of February 2016
- Park Place HOA website: www.parkplacesandiego.org
- Park Place HOA property management company: Prescott General Manager: Mark Simmons (619) 236-0690; info (at) parkplacesandiego (dot) org